More to plate


Over on Facebook I have been sharing my love of dishes with Ginny Smallenburg (she started this challenge). Many folks know I have a dish obsession which I still succumb to occasionally when I am out and about the thrift stores. Here are a few set ups that were recently posted from my home in Idaho.... Above I love these blue dishes so delicate, My dear Aunt Caroline gave me what few pieces she had left and by the time I moved to Idaho I had 2 lunch plates left and that was it. When I broke one of those. I was devastated and put the last one on a high shelf for safe keeping. Later that year I was in my favorite Spokane thrift and found a large cache of them with even a few bowls (Elaine Madrid were you there?). I scooped them up and brought them home ASAP. The cup is of course Bridgewater the little white dish a gift from My friend Debra Valoff.
Two luncheon sets that my Dd brought back home after WWII for his sister and mom.
Some fun aqua and brown oblong plates from World Market and the bowl is from an Irish company Nicholas MOSSE pottery.

My darling Delft Man from my Mom's collection

More Bridgewater Many Thanks to Rob and Judi who brought this back for me from on of their many British excursions!

posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular Posts